To provide affordable financial lending programs to the low-to-moderate income consumers to start or expand a business.
EDG serves as an intermediary of the Small Business Administration, the U.S. Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Program, corporations and private donors by lending capital to low-to-moderate income consumers as an alternative to traditional financial institutions to become entrepreneurs, which provides a foundation for them to achieve self-sufficiency, which helps our local communities.
The following is a list of financial services offered:
- Micro-loans ($500 to $50,000);
- Financial literacy and business related training for the time of your businesses inception, expansion and maturity;
- Pre-and-post loan technical assistance (e.g., meeting local business ordinates, licensing, IRS EIN (Tax ID) and tax schedules, benchmarking and other necessary compliance requirements of being an entrepreneur).
- Fulfill fiduciary duties to clients and grantors with integrity.
- Provide superior customer service to our clients.
- Be a leader amongst micro-lenders by continuously improving and utilizing innovative business solutions.
- Give back to our local communities served in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland by supporting local activities.
- Ensure all clients that come to us feel empowered to succeed.
- Endeavor to make a supportive difference in the lives of our clients.
- Foster partnerships and strategic alliances with federal agencies, corporations and local governments.